Category Archives: community

Listening, Reading, Listening

Write a blog long enough, and you start to repeat yourself.  I started this blog in April 2011 and have written about silence a few times since then.  As I sit down this morning to write the newest post, silence … Continue reading

Posted in community, prayer, reading | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

The Next Big Thing: Her Current Project

Today I’m happy to host my friend and colleague Monica Wesolowska on this blog.  Her answers show her gift for startling imagery, emotional acuity, and just darned good writing. Her book, Holding Silvan (publication March 2013), is gorgeous. Also, today, … Continue reading

Posted in agents, community, craft, writing, writing groups | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 7 Comments

If At First…

I’d like to share some good news.  Yesterday, I heard from an editor at a literary magazine that the revision of a story I’d sent them made the cut.  “We loved it!” she wrote.  Contract in the mail.  Wow! Yay! … Continue reading

Posted in agents, community, writing, writing groups | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

Playtime

I read with interest Gina Gionfriddo’s article in last Sunday’s New York Times about her new play’s “inadvertent homage” to Wendy Wasserstein’s Heidi Chronicles.  Gionfriddo’s play Rapture, Blister, Burn—which opened this week at Playwrights Horizons, the same theater where Heidi … Continue reading

Posted in community, craft, reading, writing | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments

No Trees Felled, But a Terrific Evening

If you read this blog last week, you know that my story “The Art of Fiction” was read last Friday at Stories on Stage in Sacramento.  What a wonderful evening–and I’m not saying that just because my story was featured.  … Continue reading

Posted in community, reading, writing | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 4 Comments